Every Object Tells A Story

Every Object Tells A Story

LEO GARCIA

While watching Gary Hustwit's Objectified, I found interest not only in the way the documentary was filmed, but the way the people who appeared on the documentary described design, and the importance of it put onto the objects we use. I wanted to make this 3D model inspired by many of the topics that had been said in the video.


"Objects are frozen in time." 
This was intriguing to me as I had never thought about that before. An object doesn't move or work unless there is a person using it or had manufactured it to move. Because of this quote, I wanted to include clocks that were "frozen in time." 

"Every object tells a story if you know how to read it." 
This quote caught my interest the most, as we use objects or live around them without paying much attention, but when you're a designer you look into the small things in life and learn to appreciate it for what it does. Inspired off of one of the paper installations I saw on the video, and the concept of reading a story, I wanted to add a book with the quote written on it along with papers flying around the model. 


Although I had experience with the process of design, documentaries like these interest me greatly as it's always nice to hear the thoughts of other designers and creatives. I struggle to explain words when it comes to my creative process or thoughts, and wish I could do what all the creatives in these documentaries can do. Because of that, listening to others helps me bit by bit, to learn how to form words to explain my work. 


Comments

Popular Posts